Thursday, February 2, 2012

To all mothers out there working hard for their families

For those of you reading this that don't know, My mother passed away from cancer after having it for a wopping 27 days in 2006. I've always heard the expression: "you never get over it, you just get use to it." and it is so true! After 5 years, the pain isn't hurting as much, I go on about my life...but every now and then it'll hit me that she's really gone, And I'll hurt all over again.


Sometimes I get upset when I see mothers and daugthers fighting, or if the daughter is being mean to her mother. It makes me want to go up to them and yell at them "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT! ONE DAY SHE WILL BE GONE, AND YOU WILL REGRET EVERY MOMENT YOU YELLED AT HER, TOLD HER YOU "HATE" HER, DIDN'T DO WHAT SHE ASKED, STAYED OUT PAST CERFEW AND MADE HER WORRIED, OR EVEN THE FACT THAT YOU WENT TO HANGOUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS INSTEAD OF STAYING WITH HER ALL THE TIME!"


Today while workinhg, a woman was on the phone with her daughter aruging that her daughter could not come home early from school, and it made me miss my momma so much. I thought the mother was absolutly right in not letting her daughter come home. ( The girl wanted to come home because her friend was being mean to her) The mother told her "I'm sorry that this is happening to you, but you can't come home everytime someone is mean to you, what happens when you work and you need money... but someone is being mean? If you always go home you'll get fired."


So, I thought about my mother today as I do everyday... but today was a special memory... I thought about all the times my momma cared for me, picked me up from school when I was ill, or even told me "no, you're not sick enough to come home.", bought me surprises home after she would come home from work, when she yell for me to come into her bedroom making it sound urgent when I was doing something important and would say "what, mom?" and she would reply: "I just wanted to say that I love you."


I miss my momma so much, she's the strongest, nicest person I know, she is my rock and my guiding light.




Love from my heart to yours,  Your Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment