Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dancing My Heart Out!

I found this really old post that I did on my old blog and thought I would share it. If you're feeling down, I hope this lifts your spirits!


Dancing my heart out...

Ever since I was little I've always danced. Whether it was dancing to my mom's taste in music that I've heard her playing on a Saturday, The ever so popular music in the 90s, the early stages of the "new millennium" music, the more recent music, or just marching to the beat of my own drum... I can always remember me dancing. Not very well mind you, but dancing none the less.

I feel like it's one of the best ways to express yourself, get over a bad break up, give yourself energy, or just make you or someone else feel better when their sad. Music is such a great form of expression as well; What else really knows what you're feeling at that exact moment then a love song, or "going out with my friends tonight to have fun" kind of songs? Oh Sinead O' Conner has known how broken my heart has been, just like the black eyed peas "had a feeling" that I was gonna have a good night.

I've always been the one to march to the beat of my own drum, not caring what people think... just like my mother always use to say: "as long as you're not hurting anyone, why does it matter!?" In JR. high school, and high school... people didn't always understand... I always got... "You're always happy, it's not normal!!!!!" "are you high? are you on drugs?" "calm down... you shouldn't be so happy" But I've still always remained to be myself, and now... that's what I get the most compliments on. A lot of the times, most people are afraid to be themselves... but I say be yourself, you are unique in every way!!!!!!!!

I hope that any troubles you have can easily be washed away by dancing the night away... and if you have to, why not try dancing in the rain?

This is my dancing collab audition outtake...




Dancing to the beat of my own drum, Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha This is SO cute. I haven't checked out the rest of your blog yet but I'm following purely for those awesome moves!

    x
    theurbanpod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I responded so late! I haven't been on my blog in a while! haha thank you SO MUCH!!! YAY!!!!

      Delete